Dental cleaning is an oral procedure that removes the buildup of plaque and tartar in the mouth. The dental hygienist performs the procedure to prevent dental conditions like decay and gum diseases. Dental Examination is a part of an oral checkup that analyses the health of teeth and gums. At Smile World Dental, the patients receive dental cleaning and examinations during a regular dental checkup at the dentistry.
The Benefits of Dental Cleaning
- Dental Cleaning helps to remove plaque from the teeth and gums
- It provides a polished look to the teeth.
- The process avoids dental diseases and emergencies.
- Dental Cleaning removes foul breath from the patient.
- The process provides bright and radiant teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Examination
- Dental examination signals various dental diseases.
- The process helps to view the accumulation of plaque in the mouth.
- Infection in the mouth can be detected through a dental exam.
- It helps to detect gum diseases and treat them immediately.
- The process helps to view cavities and decay in the mouth.
The Procedure of Dental Cleaning
The dentist conducts a physical exam of the mouth which helps to evaluate the signs and symptoms of various dental conditions. A small mirror is used to receive a better view of the teeth. The buildup of plaque and tartar is removed from the teeth and the gums using a dental tool named a scaler. Water is gushed to remove the debris off the teeth.
The dentist flosses the teeth to remove the excess plaque in between the teeth. The patient is provided a liquid that contains fluoride to rinse the mouth after the dental cleaning process.
The Procedure of Dental Examination
The dentists evaluate the patients' dental condition using a small mouth mirror that views the teeth and the gums. On viewing signs and symptoms of dental diseases, the dentists request a dental examination involving digital imaging like X-rays. It helps to analyze the dental condition and to make a precise treatment plan for the patient.
The X Rays detect cysts, bone loss, and tumors, which may indicate severe diseases like oral cancer. Dental Exams also show signs of periodontal diseases.
Smile World Dental, located in Salida, CA, is an equipped dentistry that treats all dental diseases with the help of efficient dentists and modern technologies. Call at (209) 543-0555 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about dental hygiene.