Invisalign refers to an orthodontic treatment intending to straighten your teeth using aligners or clear plastic trays placed on your teeth. The aligners are transparent; hence they do not appear unnatural. Invisalign has become a popular alternative to traditional dental braces owing to all the advantages it offers.
What Dental Problems Can Invisalign Fix?
Many dental concerns can be addressed by Invisalign. When worn correctly, these aligners result in a remarkable transformation in the alignment of your teeth. You can book an appointment with our orthodontist to find out whether your malocclusion can be treated with Invisalign or not. Some of the most common issues that can be fixed with this procedure include underbite, overbite, crossbite, crowded teeth, excessive space between teeth, and open bite.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is more comfortable to wear than the traditional wire braces. They have better control over straightening your crooked teeth and bringing them to their desired positions, thanks to their custom-fit.
- Invisalign promotes better dental hygiene over other treatment options. You can remove the aligners and continue with your regular oral hygiene routine.
- The procedure to insert Invisalign doesn’t involve invasive scanning like dental braces.
- With the use of Invisalign, you can eat anything and everything you want.
- The treatment period involving Invisalign is shorter than other treatment options. It saves you both your money and time.
- You can remove Invisalign effortlessly, whenever you want. They are near-invisible, thus giving you a natural appearance. The use of Invisalign enhances your smile and boosts your confidence.
How does Invisalign Work?
During the initial diagnosis, our dentist will assess your concern and decide whether Invisalign is the right treatment option for you or not. Upon confirmation, they will create a 3D image of your jaw and mouth using digital scans. These images will be used to design a plan for moving your teeth to their ideal positions.
Our orthodontist will also use this plan to design customized plastic Invisalign aligners, the role of which is to apply pressure on your teeth. It will help them shift and move into desired places. They will also recommend you to switch to a new set of aligners every one or two weeks. You are supposed to wear aligners for 20-22 hours a day.
How Effective is Invisalign?
According to many studies and reports, the effectiveness of Invisalign is more than other treatment options to fix crooked or unaligned teeth. The use of Invisalign helps to improve the delivery of force on your teeth. More importantly, the pain and discomfort during the treatment period are negligible compared to that of dental braces.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Salida, CA, to have a consultation with our dentists. Please call us at (209) 732-1123 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.